Sanketi's TLP experience


The two of us went to the University of Florida for MS in Computer Science. Even though we have known each other for over one and half years, it is during TLP Bootcamp that I got to know her personally and she is indeed a great friend to have. Here is what Sanketi has to say about her TLP experience:


How has your experience been so far working on your first rotation project and what are your day-to-day responsibilities?

It is one of those first few projects within Citi to adopt new methodology and everyone within and out of my project is committed for its success. I have chosen the PMO track where I assist in keeping track of Business process and use case schedule. Also, I play the role of a Business Analyst within one of the teams and work with our Business partners to capture Generation specific requirements.


You have a pretty heavy technical background and I noticed that you have chosen the CTO track. What kinds of position are you looking for your second rotation?

I wanted to target improving my non-technical skills and hence, chose my first rotation to be PMO. Next rotation onwards I plan to focus on strong technical projects in different areas- Design and Development, Architecture, Testing - that will provide me significant exposure and expand my technical know-how.


What is your advice/tips for the potential TLPs?

I would ask potential TLPs to feel free to demonstrate their creativity, understand the reason and need for a great program like TLP and understand how its success can benefit both – the candidates and the organization.

Sanketi, thanks a lot for your time :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to write about my experience thru your blog... :)