My first day at Citi





Citigroup office at Blue Ash, OH


Today was my Day 1 in Corporate America!

We had to be at the office by 7.45 am and had shuttles that picked us up at the hotel. The office building is amazing.. I was very impressed by the security system and the very look of the building. To enter the building, we had an eye scanning system (not retina).. The system just checked for the picture of your eye against its database. I am yet to understand how this works!!

We had our orientation sessions, security stuff and of course “ice breaking” sessions. One novel idea for our ice breaking sessions was that each one us had to make a “Shield” . We had to write about the things we thought we were good at, things we wanted to get better at, our aspirations, our qualities, our successes etc..

Dinner at Dave & Busters

Most of the day was orientation and a welcome from the Citigroup Management. After work all of us got back to the hotel and went to “Dave and Busters” for dinner. We played video games and had a good meal. I suddenly felt like I was 16 again!! It has been a long time since I played video games.. No wonder why I played so miserably :)

No comments: